Friday, April 15, 2011

You asked.... So I Deliver... CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS

These mushrooms were kind of a pain in my butt..but it wasn't the recipes fault... I blame a red bell pepper.....First of all, like most people, I don't always have all the ingredients for these recipes so I have to go to the store... Like a good girl I made my list... the list has the Red Bell Pepper on it...really it does.... So while I am shopping a little old lady goes and picks up a cart full of what ?? RED BELL PEPPERS...
 so I find one left..and it is sad and starting to turn... I only need 2 tablespoons so I figure I can make this work... and I pick it up and head to the checkout....I get home and start to stage the picture of the ingredients like I always do and you will notice what is missing.... THE RED BELL PEPPER!!  I can't find it anywhere... I paid for it...and it made a run for freedom.. I checked the car, the garbage, Elijah's toy box..everywhere...My plan was to stop by the store on the way home from the gym...I was talking ot my mom while we were doing out bike ride and told her about this stupid pepper that was quickly on its way to being cut from the recipe and my mom says she has some what?? ..YUP YOU GUESSED IT...   RED BELL PEPPERS.. so I went over to my moms house after the gym, picked it up and got to work.  Also, my dad said not to worry, the one I lost will start to stink soon and I will find it then... thanks Dad..love you
  Everything after that seemed to go smoothly...except my hubby, who I made this dish for as I don't eat seafood, got stuck at work an extra two hours..so he will have to eat them reheated. Hopefully they are still good.

  I guess this story goes to show that it isn't always easy and sometimes there are hiccups... don't panic... a solution will present itself :D  Good Luck friends and I hope you enjoy this recipe!!

Ingredients:
1 lb button mushrooms (30-40) (I used the white ones in the blue carton)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoon finely chopped onion (I used a yellow onion)
2 tablespoons finely chopped RED BELL PEPPER!
8 oz. Crab Claw Meat ( I used flaked crab meat...)
2 cups crushed oyster crackers
1/2 cup shredded parm cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg beaten
6 oz Parm cheese, grated
Minced fresh parsley for topping

1. Do ahead: remove the stems from the mushrooms and finely chop about half of them. Reserve the caps

2. Melt the butter and saute the mushroom stems, celery, onion, and BELL PEPPER.  When the veggies are soft, add the crab meat and the crushed crackers.  Continue to saute until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the crackers. Set aside to cool.

3. preheat the oven to 400 degrees

4. Combine the cooled crab mixture with the shredded parm, garlic powder, parsley, spices, Salt and the beaten egg. Stuff each mushroom with a teaspoon of the mixture

5.  Put the filled caps in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.  Carefully add 1/2 cup of water to the pan.  Sprinkle graded parm over the mushrooms and bake for about 15 mins or until the mushrooms are cooked through a golden brown.

6. When you remove the mushrooms from the oven, sprinkle the parsley
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment