Saturday, April 16, 2011

Do it like the French do....

Who doesn't love a family breakfast on Sunday morning???  I know that it is something I wish I could do more, but Brandons working on most Sunday mornings... so Im gonna pass on my favorite breakfast food onto you!  This is one that I thought everyone knew, but I found out I was wrong...

FRENCH TOAST!!!!! yum!!

Ingredients                                    

Bread
Milk
Eggs
Vanilla
Cinnamon

Now the amounts will vary depending on how many people you are feeding... This week I made 6 pieces of toast and used 3 eggs (Some people use more eggs because they like eggier toast...) 

So crack the eggs in a bowl... pour enough milk so there is equal parts egg and milk... then put about a tablespoon of vanilla and sprinkle the cinnamon so the mixture is covered....


warm up your griddle or skillet on medium high heat... either use butter or pam to grease the griddle..

Dip the bread on both sides and place on the griddle (or in skillet) cook until golded brown on both sides... you may find that you need to sprinkle a little cinnamon on the bread once it is on the skillet. 

Then of course slather with bread and syrup and enjoy!!  Also my hubby uses butter and powder sugar sometimes.... but i am a syrup kinda girl...

So if you have never made french toast... good luck and enjoy!!!


Add breakfast sausage or eggs.... all your morning favorites :D


No comments:

Post a Comment