Thursday, April 14, 2011

GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING!

Do you ever find yourself needing something to serve as an appetizer? Well...what about Bruchetta?? I'm actually making this for my dinner tonight... ( I am making a seafood dish for Brandon, which I will post tomorrow, and I don't eat seafood.)  The ingredients are all fresh and I am so looking forward to this delicious treat.   Its pretty easy to make too!

Ingredients:
Bruschetta Topping

1 pound Roma tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
salt and pepper (to taste)

Bruschetta

garlic, lightly smashed
1 loaf Italian or french bread cut into 1 inch think pieces
                                                                                     Olive Oil
Directions:
Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Cut the tomatoes into 1/2 inch dice.  Toss them with the remaining topping ingredients and leave at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Rub smashed garlic over the bread slices and drizzle with olive oil.  Place the slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast in oven.  Top with the bruschetta mixture and serve warm.

Finished Product!

Good luck with this and I hope you enjoy!!!
                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment