Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dance your way to a Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

  SO, in the beginning of my adventure to a healthier me my first step was to put the Wii to use!  Around Christmas I asked for Dance Dance Revolution and Just Dance 2... they were both under the Christmas tree... Both games have workout modes and help you to track your weight loss and how many calories you are burning.   These games are great if you cant make it to the gym maybe because of kids or schedules... the best part is your kids can get involved with you..nothing like promoting a healthy lifestyle!!    These games got me really interested in Zumba...which I have yet to try as it is usually scheduled when Kids Club at the gym isn't open or I have something else going on.... but I am determined to give it a try...I love to dance!
                                           The Walters Family are HUGE LAKER FANS!!!  Tonight is the Lakers Vs.
SAN ANTONIO SPURS... this is going to be an interesting game as San Antonio are number 1 and the Lakers are number 2 (at least they were before this losing streak!) Not to mention the Lakers are in "Rest before the Playoffs Mode" which irritates me because I hate seeing my team lose.... OKAY so that little rant into the NBA has a point...Tonight I am making some game friendly food!!   A California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Pizza...one of my hubby's favorites!! 

 Now I have never made this but it looks easy enough... so good luck to all of you too!!

Ingredients
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce (Bullseye recommended)
Store Bought Pizza dough or dough mix
Four, Cornmeal or Semolina for handling dough
2 Tablespoons shredded smoked Gouda Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
I mixed the cheeses

1/2 Cup Red onion, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces                          
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
1. Cook the chicken in the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.  Be careful not to overcook, set aside in the refrigerator.

2. Once the chicken is chilled, coat with half the BBQ sauce, cut into bit size pieces and set aside.

3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees

4. Follow the instructions on the store bought pizza dough or dough mix to prepare enough dough for a 10 inch crust, form the pizza dough into a ball and roll out on a floured surface until 10 inches wide, round and flat.

5. Put the pizza crust onto a baking sheet and spread the remaining BBQ sauce evenly over crust

6. Sprinkle the Gouda cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella over the sauce

7. Add the BBQ chicken and red onion, then cover with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella, sprinkle the cilantro on the top of the mozzarella

8. Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp and golden.

This will serve 6 to 8 people.

Finished Product!

Fresh out of the Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment