Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day One-Getting Started...and Monterrey Chicken

Hi!
  For a while now I have been posting on Facebook the foods that I am cooking and the new recipes I am trying and also talking about my baby weight battle and the everyday trials of motherhood.  (I sort of took inspiration from Pioneer Woman with the food part..) Then a few weeks ago a friend of mine, Kyla, suggested that I start a blog to really be able to talk about what I am doing and pass on recipes to anyone who is in a food slump like I was! So here I am...
   I am not going to pretend that I have made up these recipes... if I could do that I wouldn't have been in a food slump!  NO, I turned to those cook books that were gathering dust in my cupboard above my stove... turns out, there is some pretty good stuff in there! My favorite cook books are the "Americas Most Wanted Recipes" series by Ron Douglas... they are easy to make at home restauraunt favorites!!  My mom is cool enough to get them for me for Christmas when they come out.. and so far, everything I have tried has been a winner.  I also have the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, which I am almost sure every home in America has! Also, I have to mention, anyone that really knows me will tell you that I didn't really learn to cook until I became a stay at home wife and mother last April, so this really is a new adventure for me
 
 As for my workout regimine I have a membership at 24 Hour Fitness (Apple Valley) and do at least an hour a day there six days a week, and just last week I got my bike fixed and do bike rides in my neighborhood for the fresh air aspect of it all...but I will get more into that another time. But I have before and after pictures to show how far I have come since New Years..if I can do it, I am sure you can too! I just started really paying attention to calories, working out and eating serving sizes..not heaping gobs of deliciousness...


Erin at 160 in January 2011

Erin at 127 in March 2011 and still losing....


     Speaking of heaping gobs of deliciousness, tonight I am making Monterrey Chicken... which I have never made, but love! So..if you wanna try it with me, here is the recipe!

   
                 Monterrey Chicken: it is  broken down so you know how to make an individual piece, but you can adjust to fit your family!!  Also, I found this on food.com... so again, not my recipe, but hey, its still gonna be delicious

Ingredients:


  1. 1 Pound chicken breast until it is somewhat flattened, and season with salt and pepper.
  2. 2 Spray Pam in a nonstick skillet, and cook chicken breast until it is done.
  3. 3 Transfer to a serving plate.
  4. 4 Top chicken breast with Barbeque sauce, bacon, and cheese.
  5. 5 Broil chicken breast in the oven, or melt the cheese in a microwave.
  6. 6 Sprinkle with a small amount of cold chopped tomatoes and chives.

Finished Product!!!



Monterrey Chicken with Lime/Lemon Pepper Green Beans and Mexican Style Rice!! Yum!






Good Luck making this recipe and I hope that you return to read more adventures in cooking, motherhood and life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment