Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Walk away meals!!!

Some days I dont feel like slaving over a hot stove, or I want to go out and do something fun and have a meal when I get back! SSOO....embrace the crock pot! Tonight we are going to the gym to swim laps... this includes Brandon and of course the kids looovee kids club..Elijah has a crush on Miss Sarah haha....Anyways, this is going to be at 5:30 so when we get home at 7 we are gonna be hungry...so about 2pm I started dinner  POT ROAST from the crock pot...

This is soooo eeeaasssyy!!!

I forgot to put the onions in the picture :D
  INGREDIENTS 
 a pot roast that is the right size for your family
seasoning salt
onions (sliced)
  TA DA haha   okay there are a few things to add that are optional
1 14.5 ounce can of beef broth (I have an irrational fear of dry foods haha so sometimes I add a can of broth)
carrots
potatoes (tonight I am making oven roasted potatoes...but you can add them into the crock pot if you would like. )

SO the directions...
slice the onions and put them on the bottom of the crock pot
add the broth
season both sides of the pot roast and add to the crock pot

I set the crock pot for low 5 1/2 hours... which puts dinner time at 7:30  ... at 4:45 when I head to the gym I will add the carrots and let them cook for the last couple of hours ... they will be tender and full of flavor!!


Finished Roast!
 This is one of Brandons favorite meals, but he prefers mashed potatoes ... not tonight though. Tonight I am using a roasted potato mix that I found at Winco..yum!


Roast, Garlic Bread, Potatoes and Carrots....yyyuummmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment