Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One of my FAVORITE MEALS!

Okay...So there is this instructor Margie at 24 hour fitness who kicks my butt, however she makes it fun...my mom does it with me so that makes it double fun!!!  Take a water class... and if you can take a friend with you...you will LOVE IT!

  Anyways..tonight is Cornish Game Hens, and Lemon Pepper Green Beans.... The garlic bread is Mama Bella (pre-made) from the freezer at Stater Bros... trust me, delicious!

  Starting with the Game hens, which my son calls baby chickens....

Ingredients
Game Hen (my hubby and I usually share one, but tonight everyone gets their own...)
Kosher Salt
Pepper
1/2 cup butter (melted)

Directions
Remove the hen from the packaging, Rub with Kosher salt and Pepper (this makes a crispy delicious skin) I mix the salt and pepper before I rub the baby chicken.... there is a picture below for reference


Put the chicken breast up in a roasting pan (clean up tip-line the pan with aluminum foil!!)

Heat the oven to 350 and cook for 1 hour or until the juices run clear..sometimes 1 hour 15 minutes.... While the baby chicken is cooking baste with butter every 15 minutes or so... delicious!

Second..the Green Beans
Ingredients
Fresh Green Beans
Lemon Pepper
2 Cloves garlic
Lime juice
Olive Oil




Directions
Cut the tips off the green beans and wash

Cut 2 cloves of garlic

heat 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil

Sautee the garlic, then add the green beans, sprinkle with Lemon Pepper

For a little extra tang, sprinkle with lime juice!! YUM!!

Cook them to the desired crisp... I like mine a little crispier but my hubby likes them soft so ours are right in the middle

So that is it... Easy Peasy Fresh and Easy right?? NOW, get to work, enjoy your dinner!!



No comments:

Post a Comment