Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meat loaf, with a twist. . .

This one is for those of you who like meat loaf, but sometimes want to change it up a bit. . this also happens to be a favorite of my two boys.   Serve with mashed potatos or on bread as a sort of meat loaf sandwhich. . .they are called Cheddar Loaves.  They are ridiculously easy to make, and also one that is fun to make with kids! I should also tell you, this recipe was given to me by my mother in law Margie when I married Brandon. . . she knew I would need it. :D Thanks for the tip!

Ingredients
3/4 lb hamburger ( I use 1 pound)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup grated cheese (I use a little over 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup chopped onion ( I use 1/2 cup)
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

Sauce
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup Ketchup
I double the sauce recipe as my hubby likes them saucy!!

Okay so you notice that I have shown what the recipe says and what I use, this is because over the years my hubby has given me tips on how he likes it . . . thats the great thing about recipes, you can make them your own.

Ready for the oven
So now with the directions

Mix all the "loaf" ingredients together and shape them. 

Place them in an ungreased pan

make the sauce and spoon it over the individual loaves.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes ( I cook them for 45).




Then enjoy!!   Like I said, mashed potatoes, as a sandwhich, rice veggies, the possibilities are endless :D
Freshly baked and ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment